Friday, April 2, 2010

3x29 - Miley Says Goodbye? (Part 1)

In a stable, at Uncle Earl's property in Tennessee. Miley is bidding farewell to her uncle and her beloved horse, Blue Jeans.

MILEY
I'm sure gonna miss you, Blue Jeans. (she gives Blue Jeans a kiss)

EARL
I swear Miley Ray, I don't know how you people can go back to the small-(???), crowded California, and leave the (???) serenity that is the great state of Tennessee.

A demanding female voice comes roaring from outside. Earl falls back and leans on the horse in shock.

PEARL (VO)
Earl, get a move on! Those hogs ain't gonna slop themselves!

EARL
I'm coming, Pearl. (turns to Miley) Please take me with you. All I need is a toothbrush and a pair of undershorts, and I'm good for a month.

MILEY
Well Uncle Earl, as much as we'd love to have you and your extra-strength undershorts.

EARL
I call them thunder-shorts.

MILEY
Of course you do, Uncle Earl. I need someone here, you know, to take care of Blue Jeans. Someone that I know really loves him. (pats Blue Jeans on the back)

EARL
Oh, yeah. I was just kidding. I'll take good care of him. (pats Blue Jeans on the back) Always do. All right, sweetie. (kisses Miley on the head) I'll leave you to say your goodbyes.

Uncle Earl goes to leave. His stomach flops out in front of him.

EARL (quickly looking back)
Day fourteen's always the hardest.

He struggles on out. Miley goes to get some food. She is startled when she hears a voice...

BLUE JEANS
There was no picnic either.

MILEY (looking around)
Who said that?

BLUE JEANS
Who do you think said it? (Miley turns and looks at her horse) The one you're leaving behind again, that's who.

MILEY (surprised to hear Blue Jeans talking)
You can talk?

BLUE JEANS
Don't change the subject. There's another horse, isn't there? A Hollywood horse. All razzle-dazzle.

MILEY
No! There's no other horse, I swear!

BLUE JEANS
Then why do you keep leaving me, Mile? Don't leave me. D-d-d-d-d-d-d-on't leave me.

MILEY
I'm sorry. I'm sorry...

It's all been a dream. Miley wakes up in her bed, muttering.

MILEY
I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I'm sorry...(sits up) Blue Jeans?

Lilly awakens in the bed beside Miley's.

LILLY
Miley, are you okay?

MILEY
Yeah, I'm fine. I just had a bad dream.

LILLY (yawning)
Okay. Hey, if you want to talk, I'm right here...

The final words of Lilly's sentence are blurred as she lies back down and falls asleep again. Miley rests her head down on her pillow, but can't manage to close her eyes.

***

OPENING CREDITS

***

Miley, Lilly and Robby are sitting at the kitchen table having breakfast together.

MILEY
I swear, the dream was so real. He just kept on saying, "I-I-I-I need you, Mile." And it sounds just like something Blue Jeans would say if he was missing me.

ROBBY
That's weird. I've always thought Blue Jeans would sound a whole lot more like Clint Eastwood. (deep voice) "Go ahead, punk. Make my hay."

LILLY (aside to Miley)
Wow. Worst imitation ever.

MILEY
Oh, you should hear his Spock.

ROBBY (imitating Spock)
It would be totally illogical for you to think that I cannot hear you from this distance. (normal voice) Nailed it.

Lilly and Miley glare at Robby.

LILLY
Mmm-hmm.

MILEY
I'm gonna go call Uncle Earl and check on Blue Jeans.

Miley walks off. Jackson walks over to the table and stands at Miley's chair.

JACKSON (to Lilly)
Hey, interlober. (on Lilly's look) College word, look it up. You're in my seat.

LILLY
And since when is this your seat?

JACKSON
Why don't you look underneath?

Lilly feels underneath the chair.

JACKSON
Those are my boogies.

LILLY
Ew!

Lilly jumps up from her seat and runs to the sink to wash her hands. Jackson claims his seat.

ROBBY
Son, I want that thing scraped and disinfected by tomorrow morning.

JACKSON
Dad, I've been sitting in this chair for five years. I need a jackhammer a blow (???).

Lilly is over at the sink scraping her fingernails.

LILLY
I can still feel it! It's under my nails. (a whisper) It's under my nails.

ROBBY (standing)
Okay. I think I'm just gonna go out on the deck now as I so often do and pray for the strength to carry on.

Robby heads outside. Miley is sitting on the couch, with the phone raised to her ears.

MILEY (on phone)
Hey Uncle Earl. I just want to check up and see how Blue Jeans is doing.

Over in the barn at Tennessee, Earl is on the phone standing beside Blue Jeans.

EARL
Well, it's a funny thing you called, Miles. He's been out of sorts ever since you left last week. Why, I can't even get him to eat this morning. (to the horse) Come on Blue Jeans, this is good stuff. Yeah, I'm sure it's real good.

Earl leans his head into the bag and takes a mouthful of the horse food.

EARL
And that is good!

MILEY
Let me talk to him.

EARL
Let me step outside to give you two your privacy.

Earl heads for the door.

MILEY
U-U-U-Uncle Earl. You're gonna-you're gonna have to hold the phone for the horse.

EARL (turning back)
Oh, yeah. I knew that. All right, here you go.

Earl holds the phone up to Blue Jeans' ear.

MILEY
Hey Blue Jeans. Listen, I really miss you to, but you've gotta eat for me. Okay? Please?

Blue Jeans starts eating.

EARL (putting the phone to his ear)
Well, jumping Johnny Cash! Would you look at that?! He's eating, Mile.

MILEY (to Blue Jeans)
Good boy. I am so proud of you.

Earl misunderstands and thinks that Miley is giving the compliment to him.

EARL (flattered)
Oh thanks, I do what I can.

MILEY
Bye Uncle Earl. Thanks.

EARL
Bye, 'darl.

Earl hangs up the phone. Blue Jeans turns away from the sack of food.

EARL (about the food; to Blue Jeans)
Are you gonna finish that?

***

Miley jumps up from the couch and goes to Lilly.

MILEY
See. I new that dream meant something.

LILLY
Wow. So your horse really was missing you. Man, it's like you two have some sort of "psychic" connection.

MILEY
Well, we grew up together. He's like the brother I never had.

Jackson walks over to Miley, mocking her.

JACKSON (mocking Miley)
"Brother I never had". "Brother I never had". "Brother I ne--" ...Miles, you gotta do it with me or I look kinda' stupid.

MILEY
Okay, I'm sorry. I was kinda' tired, I didn't get much sleep last night. And BTW, you don't need my help to look stupid.

Miley walks off towards the couch. Lilly turns to Jackson.

LILLY (gasps)
Burn!

JACKSON (mocking Lilly)
Burn!

LILLY
Burn!

JACKSON
Burn!

LILLY
Burn!

JACKSON
Oh forget it, it's not worth it.

Jackson goes upstairs. Lilly walks over to Miley, who is flopped on the couch.

LILLY
Hey, Miley, are you gonna finish your breakfast?

MILEY
The only thing I wanna' finish is a good nights sleep.

Miley lies down, pulling the blanket up. As she falls asleep, she has another dream about Blue Jeans...

...In the barn, Earl is sitting beside Blue Jeans.

BLUE JEANS
One lousy phone call and now you think everything's all hunky-dorey? Don't you get it little girl? I need you. I also need an apple, but Earl ate that too.

The horse looks over at Earl, who is sitting on a stool with an apple.

EARL
What are you looking at? This is a healthy alternative...(shows an ice-cream from behind)...to this.

He starts licking at the double-scoop.

BLUE JEANS
Miley, don't just lie there. J-J-J-J help me.

Miley suddenly wakes up from her dream. It's been at least twenty minutes. Robby is sitting on the couch beside her reading the newspaper.

MILEY
Dad, I need a favor.

ROBBY
You want Blue Jeans down here, don't you?

MILEY
Yeah. I miss him, and he misses me, and Earl keeps eating all his apples, and I keep b-b-b-b- leaving him, and--- wait, how did you know?

ROBBY
Been mumbling Blue Jeans for the last twenty minutes. (personating Spock) Any other conclusion would be totally illogical. (normal voice) Nailed it, again. (whistles) I like today.

***

That night, Lilly comes out from hers and Miley's room and steps into the bathroom. A few seconds later, there's a two-parted scream from inside. From Jackson and from Lilly. Lilly runs out from the bathroom and meets Miley on the landing.

MILEY
What happened?

LILLY
Jackson! Bathtub! It was horrible.

Jackson comes running out in his bathrobe with bubbles on his face.

JACKSON
You are lucky that I double-bubbled, missy!

Jackson runs downstairs.

JACKSON
Dad! Dad!

Robby is downstairs on the couch reading the newspaper.

JACKSON
That is it! All right. If I am old enough to go to college, and old enough to vote, then I'm old enough to get my own place.

ROBBY
Where you can make a bubble-beard in private?

JACKSON
Yes, if I so desire.

Miley comes downstairs.

MILEY
Hey, way to lock the door, soap on a dope.

She turns away. Jackson turns to Robby.

JACKSON
That is exactly what I am talking about. Maybe you can live in this festering female fungus, but I can't. It is time for this rooster to spread his wings and bust out of the head house.

ROBBY
Well fine. Go ahead and cock-a-doodle do it.

JACKSON
Really?

ROBBY
Well sure. Moving out is an important step in a young man's life and I support it.

Miley walks over.

MILEY
So do I. Oh, and I just have one request. When you come crawling back home because you can't handle life on your own, just call first. So I can get my video camera set up.

JACKSON
Well videotape this. I'm gonna get my own place, and it's gonna be great. Because no matter what you think, I'm a responsible, mature adult.

Jackson gathers some bubbles from his head and blows them onto Miley's face. He runs upstairs.

***

At the Malibu Hills Stables, Miley comes pulling Blue Jeans into the stable. She is followed by Earl and Robby.

MILEY
I am so happy that you're finally here.

Earl mistakenly thinks that Miley is talking to him.

EARL
Well hon, I'm happy I'm here to, but you should say something nice to the horse.

MILEY (a thumbs up to Earl)
Good idea, Uncle Earl.

Miley continues pulling Blue Jeans through to the next stable.

MILEY
We are gonna have so much fun.

Earl and Robby follow her in.

EARL
Again honey, to the horse. (to Robby) She knows I can't stay, right?

ROBBY
Earl, I've been waiting for just the right moment to break it to her.

EARL
You are such a good daddy.

Earl doesn't notice the sarcasm in Robby's voice when he embraces his brother in a cuddle. Robby and Miley exchange looks and a shrug with each other.

***

Jackson's done what no one thought he could do. He's standing in the middle of his new, typical College apartment with Oliver.

JACKSON
Ah?

Jackson runs over to a small drum by the couch and taps it.

JACKSON
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.

OLIVER
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.

Oliver follows Jackson over to one of those hand-controlling plastic football games to the side. They make excited noises as Jackson runs over to a cupboard.

JACKSON
A-bing, a-bang, a-bing, a-bang.

Jackson opens the cupboard to reveal stacks upon stacks of chocolate easter bunnies.

OLIVER
Dude, this place is incredible! But - and, you know what, I hope you don't take this the wrong way --- it's so clean!

JACKSON
I know. And it's gonna stay that way. Miley doesn't think that I can handle living on my own, but I'll show her. Dude, check it out.

Jackson puts his packet of chips on the table and holds up a chair to show Oliver the bottom.

JACKSON
One-hundred percent boogie-free!

Jackson puts the chair back down.

OLIVER
Man, it's like I don't even know you anymore.

JACKSON
I've become a man, my friend.

Some music starts sounding from upstairs. It draws Jackson and Oliver to the middle of the apartment.

OLIVER
What is that?

JACKSON
I have a rock band living above me.

OLIVER (somewhat sarcastic)
So loud.

JACKSON
I know.

OLIVER (more excited)
So cool!

JACKSON (just as excited)
I know!

They start rocking out to the music.

***

Lilly joins Robby at the couch in the living room, placing a plate with a sandwich on it on the coffee table.

ROBBY
Hey there, Lil. Whoa! That is one handsome sandwich you got there.

LILLY
Yeah, well uh... I do work in a sub-shop.

ROBBY
Yeah, it shows too. (Lilly goes to take a bite from her sandwich) You know, when Miley makes a sandwich she usually makes one for me to, but that's just Mile.

Lilly nods guiltily.

LILLY
Uh-huh...

ROBBY
I guess that's her way of showing her appreciation for me putting this roof over her head, but... how do you like living here?

Lilly places her sandwich half back on the plate and hands it to Robby.

LILLY
Here.

ROBBY
For me? Oh, thank you Lilly. You know what else Mile does?

LILLY
I'd say a lemonade.

ROBBY
A little bit of both.

LILLY
Yeah.

Lilly gets up and heads to the kitchen.

ROBBY (calling after Lilly)
Don't be stingy with the ice.

Miley arrives through the front door with a sour look on her face.

MILEY
Do I have a serious case of saddled but or what? (struggles then smiles) But I don't care! Blue Jeans and I had (sits down) so much fun today. (spots Robby's sandwich) Oh, that looks great.

ROBBY
Yeah, it sure does. Lilly made it for me.

MILEY (calling to Lilly in the kitchen)
Hey Lil, how do you like living here?

Lilly is balancing the jugs for Robby, heading for the lounge room... but turns back to the kitchen.

LILLY
White or wheat?

MILEY
Wheat, please. (to Robby) Blue Jeans and I had so much fun. It was the best day ever.

ROBBY
Well, I'm not surprised. You know, riding Blue Jeans always did put a smile on your face.

MILEY
Well, yeah. You said the key to being happy is never forgetting where you come from, and - being out there on Blue Jeans today, it felt like I was back in Crowley Corners.

Miley's mobile from her back pocket starts ringing.

MILEY
Bringing Blue Jeans out here is the best thing I ever did.

ROBBY
Cool.

Miley reaches for her mobile and raises it to her ear as she answers.

MILEY (on phone)
Hello? (pause) Oh, hey Bert. (pause) What?! (pause) I-I'll be there right away.

Lilly walks over as Miley hangs up.

LILLY
What happened?

MILEY (standing)
Blue Jeans. He ran away.

The three of them race out the door.

***

Miley, Lilly and Robby come walking back in and head to the kitchen.

MILEY
Bringing Blue Jeans down here was the dumbest thing I ever did.

LILLY
Miley, we're going to find him, okay? The stable's looking, you already called the police, and I am going to make up a lost-horse poster right now.

Lilly sits down at the table and gets out a pen.

ROBBY
Lilly's right. Everything's gonna turn out fine, Mile. Remember when you were eight years old and your kitty ran away? We looked all over the place for it. Turned out it was hiding under the kitchen sink the whole time.

Miley clicks and starts backing towards the sink.

MILEY (sarcastic)
Why didn't I think of that? I bet he's under the sink. I mean, if I was a fifteen-hundred pound horse (opens the cupboard under the sink) this is where I would be.

And no sooner does a familiar-looking white horse come up to the window above the sink and stick his head in. Miley can't see it.

MILEY (unaware of Blue Jeans above her; talking to the cupboard sink)
Blue Jeans?

LILLY/ROBBY
Mile...

MILEY (calling into the cupboard sink)
Blue Jeans? Is that you? Oh, wait. (takes out a plunger) There you are, you came home. Good boy. Oh, you came home. Good boy.

Miley stands up with the plunger.

ROBBY
Mile. You need to stop waving that thing around, you're going to scare the horse in the window.

MILEY (waving the plunger)
Dad, this is not time for one of your little...

Miley turns around and finally sets eyes on Blue Jeans.

MILEY
Blue Jeans! (to Lilly and Robby) You both scared me to death.

Miley races outside to meet her horse through the back door.

ROBBY (calling after Miley)
Good thing he showed up. I don't think Lilly's lost horse picture would've helped much.

LILLY (defensive; holding up the drawing)
(???), colored in, okay?

Robby nods. Miley is at the window rubbing Blue Jeans.

***

Miley is pulling Blue Jeans into the horse stable, still that same night. Lilly and Robby follow behind. Lilly still has her lost-horse drawing.

MILEY
Here we go, boy. Back home safe-and-sound.

LILLY
Okay, all right. (holding her drawing up to the horse) I admit the legs might be a little off, but I think I got his eye right.

ROBBY (somewhat sarcastic)
You know what? I believe you did. That's actually very, very good.

Robby crosses to the opposite side of the horse.

LILLY (to Miley)
Wait a minute. He's just doing that supportive dad thing, isn't he?

MILEY
Oh, he's trying. But let's admit it, I'm not giving him much to work with.

ROBBY
Actually, you do make a very good sandwich. Little heavy on the mayo', though.

Miley laughs, the pulls Blue Jeans through to the next stable which is lit up with lights.

MILEY
Okay, buddy. (as she stops pulling) Now this isn't Tennessee. You can't just walk across the yard to my window when you miss me. 'Cause here my window is six miles away, pass the freeway, pass the mini-mall, and then uh, across Will Ferell's backyard. (to Lilly) Not such a funny man when your horse takes a wizz on his hammock.

LILLY
Yeah. It's not like he was in it. (pause) Oh...

Robby comes to the door.

ROBBY
Hey Mile. It's been a long day, you and Blue Jeans both need to get some rest.

MILEY
All right.

Lilly follows Robby out, leaving Miley to say her farewell.

MILEY
Goodnight, Blue Jeans. Sleep tight. (starting for the door) Now be a good boy and stay. (slowly backing away) Stay. Stay. I'll see you first thing tomorrow morning.

Miley steps out and closes the door.

MILEY (to Blue Jeans)
Love you.

Miley walks off.

***

Miley comes downstairs the following morning, still in her pajamas and her hair a mess - surprised when she looks up and finds Blue Jeans in the kitchen.

MILEY (looking Blue Jeans up and down)
Not exactly what I had in mind.

***

Later on at the stable, now properly clothed - Miley shuts the door on Blue Jeans and steps outside.

MILEY
Okay, now this time, I mean it. Stay.

Miley walks off, but turns back when the horse makes a groaning sound at her.

MILEY
Don't you "pfffttt" me! (slowly backing away) Now stay. Good boy.

She does the classic trick with her fingers to connect an invisible line between her eyes and Blue Jeans.

MILEY
Huh?

Blue Jeans nods. Miley walks off and he groans again.

***

Down at the packed beach, just outside Rico's, Miley is sunbathing out on a seat when suddenly a figure leans over her and shades out all the sun.

MILEY (still with her eyes shut)
Whoever you are, you're blocking my sun.

Miley opens her eyes and finds Blue Jeans leaning at her side.

MILEY
Oh, sweet niblets!

***

Miley and Lilly are standing beside each other at the side in the hallway at school.

MILEY
Okay, so I've got a stablehand checking on him every hour, I put my favorite scarf around his neck with my favorite perfume on it, and, I've got Indiana Joannie on a continues loop. Now, if that doesn't do it, I don't know what will.

Miley and Lilly overhear a teacher comes walking out of a classroom followed behind by a student.

STUDENT
I'm not lying Mr Donham. I mean, a horse ate my homework. Really.

The student and the teacher continue off.

MILEY
Oh no.

Rico comes walking around the corner pulling Blue Jeans with him.

LILLY
Oh yes.

RICO
Hey Stewart. Your friend here tried to cut in front of me in the cafeteria but I said "neigghhhh".

Miley and Lilly give Rico a glare.

***

Over at Jackson's apartment, Jackson and Oliver are watching the football. Jackson starts nudging at Oliver's shoulder.

OLIVER/JACKSON
SCORE! Score, score, score, score, score, score!!!

JACKSON
You hear that?

OLIVER
What?

JACKSON
The beautiful sound of a Miley-free living environment.

OLIVER
Jackson, I know you guys have your problems, but Miley's my bud...

JACKSON (angrily shouting)
GET OUT!

Oliver gets up and starts backing away to the kitchen.

OLIVER
Was my bud....yesterday. When you say Miley, I say who.

JACKSON
Miley.

OLIVER
Who?

JACKSON
Miley.

OLIVER
Who? (going to the fridge) I'm gonna get us a drink.

Oliver opens the fridge door, inhales the smell and takes a deep breath.

OLIVER
Oh, dawg, I think your fridge was a (???) in a former life.

JACKSON
Really?

OLIVER
Yeah.

Jackson runs over to the fridge. Oliver gets the milk out and goes to the sink.

OLIVER
Jackson, it's not even cold in there.

Jackson shuts the fridge door. Oliver looks into the milk carton and as he pours it down the sink a lot of lumps can be seen.

JACKSON
Okay, okay...uh, no problem. Uh, when something goes wrong, you don't panic-you, you just call the landlord. That's what a mature adult does.

Jackson by now has gone for the phone and called up the landlord, raising the phone to his ears.

OLIVER
Can I get some chips?

JACKSON
Help yourself.

Oliver reaches for the top cupboard. As he feels for the handle, the door falls out into his hands. He backs over to Jackson, who's still got the phone raised to his ears.

OLIVER
Um, Jackson...

No sooner does the entire cupboard fall down from it's socket with a crash. Jackson rests the phone down.

OLIVER
You might want to keep the landlord on speed dial.

***

Later on, Jackson is sweeping up the mess made from the cupboard. The phone rings. He goes and answers it with much inconvenience.

JACKSON (answering phone)
Uh-uh, hello? (pause) Oh, hey dad. Uh, what's the matter? You're missing me already?

Robby's on the other end, standing in the kitchen at the Stewart house with his apron on.

ROBBY
Well, as hard as it is for me to believe, I do. So anyhow, I was thinking about stopping by just a little bit later and uh...

JACKSON (interrupting)
And what? Uh, check up on me? 'Cause-'cause, you think I'm dumb enough to rent a fully furnished apartment that looks great but is actually falling apart faster than a pair of fudgie-buddy boots?

ROBBY
No, I just wanted to bring you over a (???) pie.

JACKSON
No! No! You uh... no, dad. Dad. I already had pie. Yeah-yeah-yeah, I baked it myself. (pointing to the kitchen) In my awesome kitchen.

An explosive sound comes from the bathroom, followed by a scream of Oliver's voice. Something has started leaking.

ROBBY
What was that?

JACKSON
Nothin'. Uh, I'm just watching a TV show where they blow a lot of stuff up. Yeah. (pretending to be watching the TV) Oh, oh! They're about ready to smash together a watermelon and a cantaloup and a soup recliner. I gotta go. Don't come over till' I tell you to. Bye.

Jackson hangs the phone up. He turns to the bathroom.

JACKSON
Oliver, what happened?

Oliver comes out of the bathroom soaked in water.

OLIVER (somewhat guilty)
Um, nothing.... Just, you know, if um, the landlord doesn't get here soon, you might need to build a boat.

He hands the doorknob to Jackson.

JACKSON (chuckles)
If you tell one more lame joke, you might need to call the doctor. Here.

Jackson throws a pair of pliers Oliver's way.

OLIVER (catching the spanner)
Oh. I was hoping for a towel, but thank you.

The band upstairs starts rehearsing.

OLIVER
At least we got music while we work. These guys are good. (shouting) Hey, crank it up!

GUY (VO from upstairs)
I hear that!

The music gets louder. Oliver starts jigging a little to the sound, but stops and looks to the ground guiltily when another cupboard falls out of its place on the wall due to the sound.

JACKSON (sarcastic)
Thank you.

OLIVER
I'll just leave you alone with your thoughts. And your (???). (looks around) Yep.

Oliver goes into the bathroom again. The doorbell rings and the music upstairs stops.

JACKSON
Finally!

The music from upstairs gets even louder and an item balanced on the top edge of the door falls to the ground. Jackson shrugs.

JACKSON (shouting over the music)
Come on in!

Rico opens the door and walks in.

RICO
Heyo!

Rico and Jackson point at each other, surprised to bump into each other.

RICO/JACKSON (to each other at the same time)
What are you doing here?!

JACKSON (in sync with Rico)
I live here!

RICO (in sync with Jackson)
I own this place!

JACKSON/RICO (to each other at the same time)
What?! Stop that!

JACKSON
You own this place?!

RICO
I own the whole block.

JACKSON (pointing around)
This apartment is falling apart.

RICO
I know. I was gonna use it for storage until I found out someone actually rented it. I couldn't figure out who would be so stupid. Now it all makes sense.

JACKSON
You know, I would insult you back, but I am a mature adult with my own apartment.

RICO
You don't have a comeback, do you?

JACKSON (agitated)
No, I'm mature! Now fix my stuff! Napoleon-part apartment owner!

***

Later on, the apartment has been repaired and Rico is standing in the entrance hallway with the repair men.

MAN #1
I still can't believe someone rented this dump.

RICO
I know, he's an idiot.

Rico and the repair men share and exaggerated laugh, as if to spite Jackson.

JACKSON (fake laughter; sarcastic)
Hahahaha, very funny! Now get out of my apartment.

RICO
You're welcome.

Rico, the last to leave, closes the door as Oliver comes out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his shoulders.

OLIVER (uneasily making his way to Jackson)
Well, at least everything's fixed.

No sooner does a bang come from behind - the front door has fallen down. Jackson and Oliver turn their heads slowly to face the fallen door.

***

That night, Miley is asleep in bed. She's talking in her sleep.

MILEY (talking in her sleep)
Blue Jeans... you can't follow me, go home. Go home, go home!

BLUE JEANS (VO)
Well that's what I'm trying to do.

Miley wakes up and looks around to find that her bed is outside Blue Jeans' stable. Blue Jeans is at the door to his stable. Miley gets out of bed.

MILEY
Okay. I thought when I brought you down here that was the end of these little late-night "chit-chats".

BLUE JEANS
Dang flab it, Miley. I didn't want you to bring me down here in the first place.

MILEY
Then why did you keep saying: (mocking horse voice) "I-I need you, Mile. I need you".

BLUE JEANS
What I meant was, I needed you to come back home to Tennessee.

MILEY
What?

BLUE JEANS
Mile, Tennessee's a part of you and you've been living without it for too long.

MILEY
But I don't wanna' go back to Tennessee.

BLUE JEANS
Yes you do.

MILEY
No I don't.

BLUE JEANS
Do to!

MILEY
Do not!

BLUE JEANS
Do to!

MILEY
Do not! (pause) All right, that's it. I'm ending this dream right now.

Miley crawls back into her bed and pulls up the covers. She pfftss and Blue Jeans before lying back down and closing her eyes.... only for the bed to be transferred back into her room, but the dream isn't quite over yet.

MILEY (her eyes closed)
That's better.

BLUE JEANS (VO)
Nice try, but I'm not done yet.

Miley suddenly awakens, after hearing the familiar sound of her horses' voice. Blue Jeans is standing in the middle of her bedroom door. Miley gets out of bed and stands in front of him.

BLUE JEANS
Why do you think you're so happy when you're back in Crowley Corners? Why do you think you were smiling when we were riding the other day?

MILEY
Well, I...

BLUE JEANS
Face it, Mile. You know what you really want.

MILEY
I am not just gonna' pack up my life and move back to Tennessee because my horse told me to.

BLUE JEANS
Come on, I'm not just your horse. I'm what you're feeling. I'm what's in your heart. I'm...I'm...I'm...

MILEY
You're what?

Suddenly Miley is looking at her reflection. Blue Jeans has transformed into Miley's replica.

MILEY DOUBLE
I'm you.

The real Miley takes in a deep breath. She can't believe what she's seeing. The dream ends, and Miley abruptly sits up in her bed.

***

The next morning, Miley comes downstairs. Robby is on the way out the door.

ROBBY
Hey, Mile. I'm going to the marks, you got any special requests?

MILEY
Just one. (crosses her arms) I wanna' move back to Tennessee.

Robby stops in his tracks. He looks down in disbelief to what he's heard.

***

For the final part of the episode, a montage of clips of Miley and Blue Jeans starts up, with the Hannah Montana song "Every Part of Me" playing. First up at the stable, Miley jumps off Blue Jeans and pats his mane. Next, Miley is showing Blue Jeans around at the beach. A few clips of Miley grooming Blue Jeans in the stable are shown next. Then recycled footage from the scene in the episode where Miley is lecturing Blue Jeans not to follow her home. The final few clips shown are of Miley spending time with Blue Jeans, ending with a clip of Miley sitting up in a bush area beside Blue Jeans looking out to the sky reflectively.

***

Hannah Montana © Walt Disney. No infringement is intended through the transcription of this episode originally written by Michael Poryes and Steven Peterman.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for that script...I can't wait for Part 2 xD

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled on this great blog!
I have always wished to have all 86 episodes of Hannah Montana on my computer subtitled, but Disney has only released season 1-2 DVD. Now with the transcripts I'll make the subs myself. It will take quite some time!

Big thanks to anyone who spent their time making those transcript!